1. Travel - requirements
Jersey falls within the UK’s Common Travel Area, along with the rest of the Channel Islands, Ireland and the Isle of Man. You do not need to complete the UK Government Travel Declaration Form for travel to the island. More information here.
- Ensure you have medical travel insurance in place.
- Complete a pre departure registration form.
Regions within the UK and Crown Dependencies are categorised into three bands (Green, Amber and Red) with different testing and isolation requirements when arriving into Jersey.
- Green - Day 0, Day 5 and Day 10 PCR tests (if still in Jersey): all passengers have to self-isolate on arrival while waiting the first negative test result. Results are currently expected to be returned within an average of 12 hours.
- Amber - Day 0, Day 5 and Day 10 PCR tests: Self-isolation until negative test result from your day 5 test.
- Red - Day 0, Day 5 and Day 10 PCR tests: Self isolation until negative test result from your day 10 test.
Visitors to Jersey can opt to provide evidence of a pre-departure negative COVID-19 test conducted in their country of departure, replacing the need for a Day 0 test. Full details of this option can be found here.
Anyone arriving in Jersey from the UK or the other Crown Dependencies, will have to provide their 14 day travel history in advance, through the online portal, and undertake PCR tests on arrival and on days 5 and 10 after arriving. Your 14 day travel declaration will show if you have slept in a green, amber or red region and this will apply on your arrival to Jersey. All other countries, including Ireland and mainland Europe, will remain under the red 10-day isolation regime.
The red, amber, green classifications will be reintroduced for travel to Jersey from all other destinations no earlier than Monday 17 May, when the United Kingdom reintroduces international travel.
Anyone whose test result is positive will have to isolate for 14 days, in line with Public Health guidance.
- To view the most-up-to date list of countries and regions, and their statuses, click here. Consider your 14 days travel history when viewing regions.
- Agree to a PCR test upon arrival or self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Agree to be contacted by our contact tracing team for the duration of your stay.
- Adhere to all public health guidance.
2. Prior to departures - procedure
- Everyone planning to travel to Jersey is required to complete an online registration form before departure. Please click here.
- Disclose all countries and regions visited, other than country of departure, within 14 days of your arrival into Jersey. For more information on declaring travel history, please click here.
- Ensure you have medical travel insurance.
3. Airport and harbour - upon arrival
- All arrivals must comply with the precautionary measures applied in Jersey airport (wearing masks, maintaining 1m social distance and washing hands regularly).
- Visitors will undergo PCR testing on arrival in Jersey; visitors must self-isolate while waiting for the first negative test result. Results are expected to be returned within 12 hours.
- Visitors must also be available to the Contact Tracing Team and follow Public Health guidance for the duration of their stay in Jersey.
4. Visitors - testing
- Anyone testing positive must self-isolate for 14 days. Our Contact Tracing Team will support you and talk you through the self-isolation process.
- If help is needed, the Government of Jersey will ensure that adequate accommodation will be provided.
What is Jersey doing to keep visitors safe?
Our tourism industry including hotels, restaurants, guesthouses, bars and visitor attractions are committed to ensuring you have the safest break possible. From the moment you arrive at the airport to when you check into your hotel, whether you take a relaxing boat trip, explore our many heritage experiences or have a relaxing day at the beach, Jersey tourism businesses will ensure your wellbeing is safeguarded every step of the way.
If you'd like to discuss the Coronavirus (Covid-19) Travel Guidance with the team at Visit Jersey are here and ready so please just get in touch anytime.