In 2021, we aim to position Jersey as the perfectly balanced island to refresh and lift your spirits.
Creative campaign parameters:
- Little island/Big spirit overarching campaign construct.
- Little/Big headline terminology.
- Little island. Big spirit campaign sign off.
Tonality: Warm and reassuring to travellers but with a confident, positive and liberating balance.
View the campaign here
We realise the world may feel a little topsy-turvy at the moment. So, in Jersey, we’ve put health and safety measures in place for you to confidently come and restore your balance here. Because we understand that some people need a little more consideration. Others may be a little more adventurous, and ready to take the first steps now. Some people are simply looking to reconnect with loved ones. While others are looking to recharge and breathe again. So, we offer all the certainty and liberating experiences needed to lift your spirits. Find your perfect balance here.
One campaign, two audiences:
Our campaign content will be segmented around our two key target markets to reflect their changing needs and demands and respective booking periods. Noting we will also remain agile to reflect changing market trends and any new best prospect visitor segments.
25-54, Couples, Families, Working, Independent traveller, 60 miles from UK departure points, ABC1.
Messaging priority: Drive visitation for the spring and summer months.
55+, No children, Retired, 3+ nights, 60 miles from UK departure points, ABC1C.
Messaging priority: Drive visitation for summer 2021 May-September
We have developed two sets of campaign imagery, media strategies and user journeys to resonate with each audience segment. We further developed our rebalance messaging for each audience, underpinned by unique product experiences, which we will serve up to the right audience at the right time.
Little moments. Big measures.
Video profiling for each of our motivational experiences will be seeded through digital and social media, with the objective of bringing prospective visitors to the campaign pages of Jersey.com, where we house inspirational content to lead through to bookable product experiences.
We will also advertise in target print media in national news titles, where we know we have an existing audience who we can retarget with tactical offers through digital channels. We will be running a competition mechanic to win a restorative break in Jersey, this will facilitate data capture and act as an incentive to engage with our campaign. We can then retarget this engaged audience and push our best prospect visitors along the sales funnel to booking.
We are deploying a tactical digital campaign through social media and trade marketing channels to drive awareness, engagement and ultimately conversions for Summer 2021 bookings.
Little things. Big impact.
How to get involved
Amplify the story:
Whether it’s sharing the campaign messaging, using a stunning campaign image or making sure your jersey.com web-listing reflects how your business will be celebrating the campaign theme – every little bit counts towards making a big impact. Use the campaign messaging and images that will allow you to get involved easily. Images and a few carefully selected words can transform your promotional effort.
- Use the campaign video assets and imagery in your own marketing activity as a free marketing ‘hook’ to heighten awareness of your own business.
- Share our itineraries for nature, adventure, family and heritage which are key themes within the campaign. Inspire your visitors to discover something new on their island break.
- Download our campaign toolkit (below) for a complete overview of our campaign messaging, themes and assets.
- Register for Visit Jersey’s Media Library and gain access to a wide range of campaign imagery. Don’t forget - you can also share your own imagery on the library, which Visit Jersey will make available to media upon request.
- Start planning your activities which are focused around restoring balance in Jersey. This can include special offers, discounts, fun events and promotions. Update your product details on visit Jersey’s MyListing Portal with offers and experiences to feature on the jersey.com website.
- Use the hashtag #theislandbreak across your social channels. Download our social media guide on how to engage on social.
- Keep in touch with what’s happening with your business. Share inspiration for content guides - how does your product celebrate rebalancing in Jersey? Download our 'Find Your Balance' toolkit and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Your Balance - Visit Jersey 2020 Campaign Toolkit