Growth in the number of passengers arriving at Jersey Airport (both arriving visitors and returning residents) failed to offset a reduction in the number of passengers arriving at Jersey Harbour where services were impacted by a range of factors including industrial action in France. Full details of passenger arrivals by route can be found here.
- The number of passengers arriving at Jersey Airport (both arriving visitors and returning residents) was 1.8% (or 773) up on January of 2017
- Gatwick, Southampton, Birmingham and in particular Glasgow all saw strong growth
- Liverpool, Guernsey and Doncaster witnessed the sharpest year-on-year declines in passenger arrivals
- The number of passengers arriving in Jersey by Sea fell 21.5%, or by 1,414 passengers
- The sharpest declines were on the St Malo and Poole routes, which saw reductions of 22% and 34% respectively
- Combining Air and Sea arrivals we see an annual reduction of 1.3%
January Passenger Arrivals