The following is based on the total flow of passengers arriving, and as such includes both arriving visitors and returning residents.
- During August, there were just under 30,400 arrivals from 14 different airports, reflecting a decrease of 69% compared to last August. The majority of air arrivals were on the Heathrow route (30% of August arrivals) followed by Gatwick (22% of August arrivals), with 13% of August air arrivals accounted for on the Liverpool route.
- Looking at the year to date period, there have been just under 171,450 arrivals at the airport, which reflects a 71% decrease compared to the same period during 2019.
- At the harbour and marina, there were over 12,000 arriving passengers during August (a decrease of 81% on August 2019). The majority of sea arrivals during August were on the Poole route (which accounted for nearly 60% of all sea arrivals during August) followed by St Malo (32%) and Portsmouth (9%).
- Total sea arrivals for the period January – August 2020 were just over 31,100, a decline of 87% compared to the same period last year. The absence of Manche Iles Express services to Sark, Guernsey, Granville and Carteret have also contributed to this decline.
- Looking at arrivals for both the airport and the harbour combined for the period January to August 2020, total arrivals were down 76% compared to the same period last year, at around 202,370 arrivals.
August Passenger Arrivals