You are invited to become one of just 13 Angels of an exciting new creative arts venture in Jersey, the 13th Parish Festival.
To make the inaugural festival happen at it’s best, we are seeking the support of 13 Angels with a contribution of £1K. So if you would like to contribute to laying the foundation stone of a vibrant, international, independent festival in Jersey, please join us! Your support will give us financial stability and enable us to launch this year’s first festival in the right way, establishing Jersey and the Channel Islands as credible members of one of the most exciting creative communities in the world.
Taking place over the weekend of May 17th – 19th 2019 at the Jersey Arts Centre, this new festival will screen the best of independent film from around the world. It will also highlight local Jersey and Channel Island talent, in both film and music. With the recent hit film ‘Beast’, director Michael Pearce has shone a light on Jersey. Our new festival will work to create a sustainable, artistic festival that links and associates Jersey to the international film and music scenes.
With the first festival taking place very soon in May 2019, we already have some solid and supportive partnerships and events in place:
- Our venue partner is Jersey Arts Centre
- We have created the Jenny Lecoat award for female-centred scriptwriting;
- the award is supported by the Soroptomists of Jersey.
- We partner with the States Greffe and with Jersey Heritage in a special screening of films from circa 1910, which includes Jersey footage from the period, and ‘Die Suffragette’ as part of the States celebration of the centenary year of suffragism.
- This screening is kindly sponsored by Corbett Le Quesne.
- Our creative collaborator is the renowned IndieCork Festival from Ireland
- Our first international guest focus, is the Off-Courts Festival from Trouville, France who will deliver a special programme https://www.offcourts.com
- ‘Opening Shots’ is a youth filmmaking competition, designed to encourage emerging, local talent by making short films on their mobile phones.
- We screen a range of international short films, documentaries and feature films throughout a fun, packed weekend.
13th Parish Angel Benefits:
- Your name / company name in our inaugural brochure (1,000 copies)
- Invitation to the opening night Festival Launch on May 17th
- Invitation to all receptions and to our Awards Ceremony on May 19th
- Carte Blanche Pass to all our screenings
- Carte Blanche Pass to our music events
- Permanent commemoration of your support on our 13th Parish website
Other Sponsorships Available:
- Sponsorship of the printing of the brochure – a real necessity for us. A full page advert in the brochure can accompany our undying thanks! 1,000 copies will be printed and circulated throughout Jersey and beyond.
- Festival t-shirts and tote bags are a luxury, but so cute! And they give a very ‘festival’ feeling to all the aspiring young film and music makers.
- Reception sponsoring. With 2 to 3 receptions and gatherings, we are looking for a drinks angel also!
A special thank you to OAK for their kind support in the onboarding of 13 Angels of 13th Parish Festival