Visit Jersey ("we" or "our" or "us") are committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy.
This policy (and any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you from our websites (jersey.com and accommodation.jersey.com) ("Website"), or that you provide to us by other means will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (the “Law"), the data controller is Visit Jersey Limited.
If you have any queries about this policy or about your data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1534 849777. If you are not satisfied with the way in which Visit Jersey has treated your personal data, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone to +44 (0) 1534 716534.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us holding your personal data at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer. Should you wish to withdraw your consent and request us to delete any personal data, we will endeavour to do so as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with the Law.
We may collect and process data about you, in accordance with the Law as set out in Appendix A. This includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service and any additional data, posting material, contributions or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us by any means, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. If you do complete a survey the results may be retained, however they are anonymised.
- Details of your visits to the Website.
IP addresses and cookies:
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used to assist the operation of our Website and are designed to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
Visit Jersey has implemented Google Analytics features for the purposes of Display Advertising and for Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Visit Jersey uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our adverts on sites across the Internet.
We use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Double-Click cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on past visits to this website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
We may embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube's embedding videos information page.
We may display the following widgets:
- Feed widgets (widgets that display a feed from our social network page). These widgets should not create a cookie.
- Sharing widgets (widgets such as Facebook Like, Twitter Share or AddThis) which enable you to share content of Visit Jersey to your friends or followers. By default these should not create a cookie until you have clicked on the graphic or icon representing the sharing network you would like to use. By clicking the graphic or icon you consent to transmitting data to the respective social network.
Where we store your personal data:
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device which you use to access the Website.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into through our Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To regularly update you about our services and promotions in Newsletters.
We may also use your data, or permit affiliates to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, text, post or telephone. Please see appendix A below for details of affiliates with whom we will share your personal data with.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or donors, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
- For marketing purposes, Visit Jersey works with third parties, such as marketing agencies and email providers, and may need to disclose your personal information to enable marketing communications to be sent. In these instances, we use reputable data processors based in the EU and your data is protected by the Law.
- Your data may be disclosed in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to apply our other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, personal data or safety of our Website, customers, affiliates or others and in particular if we are required to prevent any fraud or fraudulent transactions. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. All such disclosure is carried out in compliance with the Law.
Under the Law you have the following rights:
- You have the right to know what personal data we collect of you and how we process the data we have collected.
- You have the right to gain access to the personal data we process of you.
- When your personal data are inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct the data.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold of you.
- You have the right to ask us to limit the processing of your data.
- You have the right to ask us to transfer your data to another data controller’s IT environment.
- You have the right to ask not to be evaluated on the basis of automated data processing and profiling.
We will inform you upon collecting your data for which purpose we intend to process your data or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Duration for which we hold personal data:
- We hold personal data as set out in Appendix A. At the end of this period or as soon as reasonably practicable after you withdraw your consent to holding personal data we shall destroy any personal data held. In the case of physical data such as printed documents we shall shred these and for electronic data we will remove this from our systems.
Access to Information:
- The Law gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Law. Please contact the Data Protection Officer should you wish to exercise this right.
|Purpose of data||Categories of personal data||Legal basis for processing||Retention period||Shared with third parties|
|Data including statistics||
|Consent||Indefinitely||Anonymised statistical information is shared with the public|
|Marketing including newsletters, mailing lists, competition and imagery||
Name & Surname
Competitions: 10 years
|Tourist Information Centre||
Name & Surname