Visit Jersey is the independent company established by the States of Jersey to market Jersey as a tourist destination.
The Product Executive - Events will be responsible for increasing tourism export earnings targeting increased events visitor numbers and spend primarily in the shoulder seasons.
The role is to attract and facilitate leisure and meetings, incentives, conferences and events (MICE) providing guidance, support and leadership. The role is not an event organiser position, nor an event management or delivery role, but a business development and marketing one.
- Work with the Head of Product to implement the Events Jersey strategy to attract events to Jersey which reflect our Signature Experiences and key MICE/business events aims.
- Develop and deliver an Events Jersey marketing plan. This will include the management of digital channels i.e. Events Jersey website, supplier and venue directory, case studies, toolkits, event listings on jersey.com and Events Jersey social channels.
- Oversee the conference and incentive travel agency relationship.
- Develop a support programme for event organisers to grow visitor numbers in the shoulder seasons. This would typically include advice, signposting and networking.
- Work with bodies such as Sports Jersey, Genuine Jersey and Destination Management Companies who support Events Jersey in bidding for key events.
- Coordinate the Events Jersey on-island steering group.
- Support the product team with proofing the seasonal What’s On Guide and identify any gaps.
- Support the roll out of the Events Incubator Marketing Programme.
- Attend and exhibit at appropriate MICE/business event exhibitions and conferences.
- Provide potential off-island MICE/business event organisers with insights, networking, itineraries and familiarisation trips.
- Work with Super League Triathlon and other key events to maximise the visitor economy benefits.
- Create and coordinate an island asset (available States of Jersey event infrastructure) register with access rules for all assets that may be available for event organisers to access.
- Manage any delegated marketing communications budget ensuring value for money.
- Coordinate Visit Jersey industry events.
- Support the wider Visit Jersey team as required.
Skills and Attributes
- 5+ years in a marketing environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- Excellent people skills with proven ability to influence others.
- Resilient nature and able to work under pressure.
- There will be an element where you will be expected to attend social functions, workshops and trade events (on and off-island) both in and out of work hours.
To apply, please contact Meryl Laisney, Head of Product, Visit Jersey by email: firstname.lastname@example.org