Imagine the Jersey you love. How does what you see and hear make you feel? Together, we have an opportunity to capture that feeling, reminding past visitors of Jersey’s special appeal and inspiring new visitors to experience the island for themselves. Here's a few tips to help you tell our story. Let’s work together to help Jersey shine a little brighter.
- Ensure that you have updated your product details on Visit Jersey’s My Listing Portal which feeds Jersey.com.
- Ensure that the images you supply are doing your product justice and are selling your location or product adequately. e.g. include the view as well as the exterior of your property, bedrooms do not sell your location.
- Register for Visit Jersey’s media library and gain access to a wide range of imagery, you can also share your own imagery on the site.
- Update your website regularly, share what's on in Jersey and include any special offers – ensure to share these also on the My Listing Portal.
- Include a link to Jersey.com and or an image on your website to local attractions, festivals and events as this may be the hook required to bring visitors to your accommodation. If you are an attraction include a link to local accommodation options.
- Insert GPS co-ordinates and use Google Maps to show the exact location of your business.
- Use the hashtag #theislandbreak across your social channels. Download our social media guide on how to engage on social.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Keep your consumer database up-to-date and correspond with your visitors on any new developments and follow them on social media.
- Incentivise previous customers to refer their friends to your business, word of mouth is the most cost effective way to attract more visitors.
- Ask your visitors to post their positive comments and or images on TripAdvisor, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #theislandbreak.
- Ask permission from your visitors to put their testimonials on your website.
Working in partnership
- Promote your business in the What's On publication and App aimed directly at visitors. Read the media pack here. Contact Ben Davies on firstname.lastname@example.org to feature.
- Establish alliances with other tourism industry partners in your area to offer dynamic packages e.g: accommodation, activities, festivals & dining.
- Inform tour operators you deal with in advance of any good festivals in your area and provide them with interesting content, images and packages especially for the off-season.
- Don't forget your business cards and brochures when you attend any networking events as these are opportunities for you to cross-promote your product with other businesses.
- Familiarise yourself with UK Inbound and Visit Britain websites to register for overseas promotions through the supplier directory.
- Sign up to receive our industry newsletter and receive social media alerts to find about activities carried out by Visit Jersey and how to get involved.
- Build relationships with the Visit Jersey team. Share any new quirky stories about your business, activities, festivals etc. that we can use as a hook to tell Jersey's story by emailing email@example.com.
- Explore the services on offer from Jersey Hospitality Association and Jersey Business in respect of training, quality assurance and networking events.
- Keep up to date with research and trends on our business site and sign up to receive the e-news.
- Discover the latest tourism and industry statistics and research projects. Use this insight to shape your business decisions and identify market opportunities.
Make the most of your attributes
- Define your USPs (Unique Selling Points) and don´t be shy about selling them!
- Is it your location? Are you located along one of Jersey's stunning coastlines or are you located in the heart of St Helier well served by public transport or within walking distance of key attractions and or dining out venues?
- Have you won any awards?
- Do you offer refreshments on arrival or a welcome pack for self-catering properties? Do you sell any local produce/gifts or offer home cooking using locally sourced produce?
- Have you wonderful testimonials from previous visitors? Use them as future visitors are really influenced by what other visitors have said about their experience.