The 2019 Christmas Lights Grand Switch on will take place on Thursday 21 November.
Santa’s Express Train will start at the Millennium Town Park at approximately 18:00, moving through St. Helier to the Weighbridge via West’s Centre, Bath Street, Queen Street, King Street and the Royal Square. Some spaces on the train have been donated to Variety the Children’s Charity and Les Amis. The Parade will be led by the Jersey Pipe Band and will include Santa’s Sleigh Elfin ‘N’ Bob and St Helier Ambassadors. Santa’s Parade will be in the Royal Square at approximately 18:45 for the Grand Christmas light Switch On with many more fun surprises and entertainment along the way.
The Parade will then move to the Weighbridge to switch on the lights where Santa has a surprise for everyone. The Grand Light Switch on at the Weighbridge will be conducted by Jake Hutchings (Pride of Jersey Award Winner and his Mum, Angela).
Activities on Thursday the 21st November
Millennium Town Park:
- 5.40pm - 6pm: Rouge Bouillon School choir to sing
- 6pm: Santa's Parade arrives
- 6pm: Jersey Pipe Band and children to join Parade and public can follow the Parade
- All Day: All Aspect Parties
- 5.45pm - 6.05pm: St Saviour’s School Choir to sing
- 6.05pm: Parade arrives, Countdown, Switch On and Confetti Canons
- 5.30pm – 5.50pm: Frozen Singalong
- 5:55pm – 6.20pm: Plat Douet School Choir
- 6.20pm – 6.35pm: JADC Panto Cast Choir to sing carols with Beauty and Beast doing meet and greet
- 6.40pm: Parade arrives, Countdown, Switch On and Confetti Canons
- From midday - 9pm Christmas Village
- Live Music, area for Autism Jersey, Jersey Lilies
- 6.45pm Royal Yacht Choir on balcony
- 7pm: Santa's Parade arrives
- 7.05pm: Speeches, Countdown, Switch On and Confetti Canons
Further information please contact Vicky Trehorel, Town Centre & Events Manager on +44 (0)7797 735413 or by email email@example.com.