Our key focus is to grow destination awareness through brand positioning and advertising, acquisition of new best prospect segments and tactical activation to simulate bookings to Jersey, through content creation.
Our latest campaign aims to drive awareness and interest in Jersey as a holiday/short break destination for travellers, increasing the appeal of the island.
- Target Jersey’s best prospects – Authentic Adventurers, Culture Chasers and Easy Explorers.
- Tap into our best prospect’s motivation for travel, and think about Jersey differently.
- Differentiate Jersey’s unique experiences and surroundings and make the island stand out.
- Stretch the season with more reasons to travel in the Spring, Summer and Autumn.
- Continue to drive partner referrals.
Factors Affecting Tourism
- Positioning of Jersey
- Agility & Flexibility ‘Always On’
- Market Strategy (UK, DE, FR, New markets)
- Creating new stories to tell to target markets
- Exit Surveys and Data Insights
An evidence-based approach
Visit Jersey undertook surveys and in-depth interviews in the UK, France and Germany. To determine our best prospects in each location we considered the size of the market, volume of visitors, current appeal of Jersey, how they match with Jersey product and their shoulder season appetite. Through this research we have detailed insights to work from:
- Key motivational drivers for targeted messaging
- How they travel
- What they are looking for in a destination
- What sort of event would attract them
- What type of activity appeals to them
- Inspirational sources and media consumption