Visit Jersey and the Jersey Hospitality Association launch the second Jersey Big Weekend on the island from 24 - 25 April 2021, with JT as the official sponsorship partner of the event.
The Jersey Big Weekend is an exciting, opportunity for Jersey residents to explore and rediscover the island’s wide-ranging attractions, activities, hotels, restaurants and retail experiences. It is set to take place from Saturday 24 to Sunday 25 April 2021.
The Jersey Big Weekend campaign provides local businesses with the opportunity to encourage residents to discover the ‘hidden gems’ available to them right on their doorstep by going into a ballot for free tickets for entry and special offers. The idea is to create a greater awareness of Jersey’s attractions and experiences and enables local hosts to become better informed tourism ambassadors for visiting friends and family.
Everything you need to know about the Jersey Big Weekend...
The Big Weekend, founded by Visit Kent, started as an ambition to turn local residents into better informed advocates for tourism attractions and activities and get them involved in the tourism welcome. One weekend at the beginning of the season, residents apply for free tickets which are given out on a limited lottery basis, a chance for a soft opening for attractions gearing up for the season.
- Encourages residents to discover Jersey and share a sense of pride
- Setup to promote experiences and attractions
- Encourages word of mouth recommendations
- Gives tourism businesses the opportunity to reach new audiences
Everything you need to know - Jersey Big Weekend 2021
Register your business
Calling all attractions, activity providers, hotels, restaurants, hospitality businesses and retailers, register here to be a part of the first ever Jersey Big Weekend. Be part of this tried and tested successful campaign! Follow our easy to use step by step guide and click here to read our FAQs. Register before Friday 12 February to take part.
- Attractions donate tickets for local residents to win tickets in a ballot by registering the business
- Kick start the visitor season – potential to become a signature event for spring
- Visit Jersey campaign to promote the event to local residents will support the event
- Local residents apply for tickets in the ballot in the lead up to the weekend
Step by step guide
Download the toolkit
- Raising awareness of the fantastic experiences your destination has to offer
- Giving experience businesses a sense of pride in Jersey and what it has to offer
- Engaging residents and local politicians about the value of tourism to the local area
- Encouraging repeat visits with the Visiting Friends and Relatives market
- Media coverage
- Building on Kent’s successful development of the Big Weekend under the management of Go To Places, there is opportunity to leverage this concept and host the event in Jersey
- The Visiting Friends and Relatives (VFR) market represented 15% of Jersey’s visitor numbers in 2018. With local residents as advocates, it could open up increased full price bookings from this portion of the market
Senator Lyndon Farnham, Minister for Economic Development, Tourism, Sport and Culture said:
“In partnership with industry, we are proud to add the Big Weekend to Jersey’s growing event portfolio. The Jersey Big Weekend will inspire islanders and visitors to discover everything the island has to offer year-round. With the support of over 25 attractions and activity providers, the Jersey Big Weekend will celebrate all that is special about the island break and build on Jersey’s established event calendar.”
Whether you are an attraction, retailer, activity provider, a hotelier or restaurant, we’d love to see you there to find out how you can get involved. This invitation is open to non Jersey Hospitality Association members.
It is only by working together that we can help the world fall in love with Jersey.
The Jersey Big Weekend
If you have any queries, please contact a member of the product team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Jennie on +44 (0) 1534 849765 or Meryl on +44 (0) 1534 849774.