Visit Jersey continue to monitor the most up to date research available and will update any key highlights here. However, consumer sentiment trackers are telling us that there are two key drivers to encourage visitors to book trips right now:
- Flexible amendment and cancellation policies.
- Demonstrate implemented measures that increase guest safety. A great way to showcase this is by signing up to Jersey’s Visit Safe Charter and using the logo on your own channels. You can find more information about Visit Safe here and you can sign up here.
With continually evolving travel requirements globally there is a lot of confusion for consumers. It is important that we help visitors to have a clear understanding of all official requirements when travelling to Jersey.
What can you do to help?
- You may want to link to https://www.jersey.com/visit-safe from your website and social channels as it highlights the key information for visitors and signposts to the relevant pages on www.gov.je without being overwhelming.
- Send a clear and concise pre-departure email to guests – we recommend 4-5 days prior to arrival. See below suggested template that you may want use or adjust to suit your needs.
Pre-departure email template:
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Jersey.
Ahead of your visit, there are a few important pieces of information we want to share with you to help your trip run smoothly;
- Jersey classifies Countries and UK regions into three statuses (Green, Amber and Red) with different testing and isolation requirements when arriving into Jersey for each. It is important that you check your region status close to your departure date as the list can change. To view the most up to date list of countries, regions, and their statuses, click here.
- You must complete a pre-departure registration form within 48 hrs of arriving in Jersey. Click here to complete the form.
- Check with your airline or ferry company for any requirements that they may have relating to your journey.
If you have any questions please contact us using [insert your preferred contact details].
Communicating with guests through the OTA’s?
Are you aware that many OTA’s including Expedia and Booking.com, allow hotels to set up templates for communicating with guests pre and post travel?
- Set up an automated email to your OTA guests using the above template. You can set this automated email to contact your guests a prescribed number of days prior to arrival. Anyone making a last minute booking within that period would receive it immediately. Please contact your OTA market manager for help setting this up or we have on-island hotels who have kindly offered to support if needed. If you need help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org