At Seymour Hotels of Jersey, the safety and well being of our customers, employees and partners has
always been our top priority. Even more so today. As we begin to reopen our businesses, we are
doing everything to ensure that visitors to our hotels and restaurants will enjoy an experience that is
cleaner and safer than ever before. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of
cleanliness throughout our properties.
To meet the new challenges presented by COVID-19, the Group have responded by implementing
new, stringent, precautionary operational measures to protect the health and safety of all their
employees and customers, to provide a safe and clean environment for all. The Group is proud to
now introduce its ‘Safe Stay Pledge’.
David Seymour, Managing Director said “This new initiative is focused on enhanced cleaning
practices, social interactions and workplace protocols, throughout the customer journey. Our Safe
Stay Pledge will seek to improve our established procedures and standards, to ensure both
customers and employees are confident in the cleanliness and safety of our establishments now that
lockdown measures have begun to ease.”
He continues “This initiative represents a heightened level of focus for the Group with an excellent
reputation for its standards of cleanliness. Seymour Hotels has always set the most demanding
expectations for cleaning and safety. With the Safe Stay Pledge, we are enhancing these standards
further to ensure customer confidence. We have worked in accordance with guidance issued by the
Jersey and UK Governments, as well as local Environmental Health authorities and WHO
The Seymour Group have created an 8 point plan and have produced an in-house film to highlight
the new measures being taken and to reassure customers who are planning to visit Jersey this
season and make the most of our beautiful Island. To find out more about the measures being taken
visit their website.
Notes to Editors
- Seymour Hotels is a family business based on the traditional family values of integrity, dignity and respect. This approach to business means extending the same level of courtesy, comfort and friendliness towards paying customers as the family would show to guests in their own home.
- Seymour Hotels is committed to operating an ethical business with due regard for social, corporate and environmental responsibilities.
Quick Facts about the Group:
- Family owned since 1920 with five generations of the Seymour family running the business
- (three generations actively involved today)
- 3 hotels: The Merton Hotel, Pomme d’Or Hotel and Greenhills Country House Hotel
- Self-Catering Apartments: The Merton Suites
- A beach bar, diner & nightclub: The Watersplash
- The Merton Leisure Club & Aquadome
- 462 bedrooms and 28 suites
- 1,041 beds equating to over 12.5% of the Island’s registered hotel bed stock
- Over 350 employees during the peak summer months
For further information, images, comment and press visits please contact
Olly Appleyard, Group Marketing Manager, Seymour Hotels +44 (0)1534 751 607